* Yom Kippur starts at sundown: May you be sealed in the Book of Life Yom Kippur, the holiest day in the Jewish calendar, begin at sundown on Tuesday.
* Turkey Ready For Syria Offensive Despite Mixed Signals From Trump Trump has blown hot and cold since a surprise announcement on Sunday that Washington was pulling back 50 to 100 "special operators" from Syria's northern frontier.
* After Trump Abandons Kurds, Israel Knows it Can't Rely on Anyone Trump's decision must also be seen within the context of the Iranian-backed attacks last month on the Saudi oil facilities, and the deafening lack of an American response.
* 'No idea where that came from': Government denies Trump's claim UK was 'thrilled' with his Syria decision The British government said it would oppose any Turkish incursion into Syria and rejected a claim by Donald Trump that the UK was "thrilled" with his decision to green light the offensive.
* 100,000 Jews gathered for Selichot prayers at Western Wall 1.5 million people visited Western Wall during ahead of High Holy Days, including 100,000 on night before Yom Kippur.
* Israel's covert war against an Iranian shock attack. Gen. Kochavi prepares IDF counter-offensive The Yom Kippur Eve message broadcast by IDF Chief Lt. Gen. Aviv Kochavi held the key to Israel's intention: "We will not let harm come to Israel and if it does, we shall respond with power."
* New EU Foreign Envoy: It's not antisemitic to favor a two-state solution The EU spends some 300 million euros a year to help the Palestinians and has been doing so since the 1990s when the Oslo Accords were signed.
* Brexit: Deal essentially impossible, No 10 source says after PM-Merkel call A No 10 source has said a Brexit deal is "essentially impossible" after a call between the PM and Angela Merkel.
* After Paris attack, Macron vows 'unrelenting fight' against Islamist terror Paying tribute to four Paris police staff slain by radicalized colleague, French leader speaks of need to eradicate distorted version of Islam.
* Russian-Chinese Cooperation Is Not As Temporary As You Think Many believe the Russian-Chinese partnership, which functions across a variety of economic and political spheres, is only temporary.
* World on brink of unavoidable 'black swan' apocalypse, security panel warns This type of disaster event is unforeseen and could have catastrophic consequences.