* Hezbollah Chief Claims Israel Unprepared for War Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah on Monday said the IDF was unprepared for a ground offensive in Lebanon and that the Israeli military could not rely solely on its air force to achieve victory.
* Kushner: Middle East peace plan to be unveiled after Ramadan The White House is planning to release its long-awaited Middle East peace plan in the next few months.
* Libya: EU officials hope Trump will pull support for Haftar European officials are hoping Donald Trump's surprise expression of support for the Libyan warlord Khalifa Haftar can be reversed amid division in Washington over US policy on the north African country.
* Russia not alone in Syria's West, China and Iran are also moving in near sea Russia looks set to expand its presence on Syria's west coast, with rumors of an imminent signing of a near-quarter-century lease on a lucrative seaport, but other major players were also moving in on the war-torn Mediterranean country.
* Egypt, Iran Power Struggle Played Out in Gaza At the start of April, Hebrew media reports quoted unnamed Israeli security officials as saying that the Iranian-backed Palestinian Islamic Jihad terrorist faction, whose rocket arsenal is larger than even that of Hamas, was planning a significant attack on Israeli targets.
* US severs Iran's oil export lifeline. A hawkish new Revolutionary Guards chief prepares payback The US placed its Middle East forces on high alert on Monday, April 22, before announcing the cancellation of waivers that allowed 8 countries to buy embargoed Iranian oil.
* Cracks Are Deepening in Erdogan's Ruling Party "If we lose Istanbul, we lose Turkey," President Recep Tayyip Erdogan reportedly said in 2017-and his party recently lost Istanbul's mayoral election.
* Will the Second Arab Spring Go the Way of the First? A repeat of the Egyptian scenario is possible for both Algeria and Sudan.
* The European Union: Nurturing Instability and Terrorism in the Middle East The apparent objective of the Palestinian Authority (PA) is to annex these areas and bring them under PA control as part of its larger plan for the unilateral creation of a Palestinian state.
* Is there an unprecedented build-up of US Naval power in the Middle East? A massive amount of air power and US naval assets were suddenly in the same place at the same time.