* How a Chinese fruit became a Sukkot symbol A new book researched over a decade by Rabbi David Moster says that ancient Jews used any fruit on hand for the four species ritual, including pomegranates, dates, figs, or grapes.
* Netanyahu to Nasrallah: Want a fight? You'll get 'unimaginable' response Jerusalem trades barbs with Hezbollah as IAF head tries to convince Moscow that Israel can't be blamed for loss of plane.
* Trump Envoy David Friedman: 'Unconscionable' Palestinian Authority Would Pay Family of Ari Fuld's Murderer The Palestinian Authority's decision to financially reward the family of the terrorist who stabbed Israeli Ari Fuld to death is "unconscionable", U.S. Ambassador to Israel David Friedman said Thursday.
* Trump Admin Pressed to Deny Palestinian President Entry to U.S. The Trump administration is being pressured to prevent Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas from entering the United States to participate in the upcoming United Nations General Assembly.
* Netanyahu: 'Learning the Bible is Secret to our People's Renewal' Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his wife, Sara, held a public Bible study session at their official residence, last night.
* Israel: Russia accepts our take on Syrian downing of plane, coordination goes on Delegation to Moscow 'debunked' claim Israeli jets hid behind spy plane, stressed jets had left area before Syrians fired fatal missile; Russia was notified ahead of strike.
* Iran puts on 'show of strength' military exercise in Gulf The Iranian Revolutionary Guards and army carried out a joint aerial military drill in the Gulf on Friday in what official media said indicated the "pounding reply" that awaited the country's enemies.
* A Question of Identity It is not alleged "religionization" that threatens Israeli identity and deepens the cleavages in Israeli society but the absence of a mutually accepted contemporary Jewish common ground.
* May challenges EU as Brexit talks hit 'impasse', sterling tumbles British Prime Minister Theresa May said on Friday Brexit talks with the European Union had hit an impasse, defiantly challenging the bloc to come up with their own plans a day after the bloc's leaders savaged her proposals.
* Why is Sukkot the most joyous time of the year? The Ushpizin: Welcoming the seven holy shepherds into the Sukkah.