* Israel at 70: 7 Challenges and Opportunities in Israel and the Jewish World In honor of Israel's 70th anniversary, Breaking Israel News is pleased to present a compilation of analysis from some of the Jewish world's top advocates and experts.
* Israel Remembers Its Fallen Soldiers and Victims of Terror Below Sea Level From Tuesday to Wednesday night on April 17 to 18, millions of Israelis memorialized Yom Hazikaron, the day of remembrance for fallen soldiers and victims of terror, upon the land of Israel.
* Did smokescreen over Tartus port just hide Russia's S-300 delivery to Syria? As Israel celebrated its 70th anniversary, a Russian ship unloaded a suspect military cargo from a freighter at the Syrian port of Tartous.
* World leaders congratulate Israel on its 70th anniversary US, Russian Presidents, Queen of England, and UN Secretary General send warm wishes to President Rivlin on Israel's Independence Day.
* Torch-lighting ceremony opens 70th Independence Day celebrations After the traditional torch-lighting ceremony, Israel's biggest and most expensive Independence Day event will commence on Mount Herzel, with 1,500 participants including singers, musicians, dancers, choir singers and flag-bearers.
* Netanyahu at Israel's 70th anniversary celebration: Israel a rising world power Torch lighting ceremony at Mount Herzl begins after weeks of squabbling between senior lawmakers over event's decorum.
* Trump hails CIA chief Mike Pompeo's secret trip to N Korea CIA director Mike Pompeo forged a "good relationship" with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un when they met last week, US President Donald Trump has tweeted.
* Turkey's President Erdogan calls snap election in June Turkey will hold snap presidential and parliamentary elections on 24 June, brought forward by President Recep Tayyip Erdogan from November 2019.
* Iranian-Backed 'Sleeper Cell' Militants Hibernating in U.S., Positioned for Attack Iranian-backed militants are operating across the United States mostly unfettered, raising concerns in Congress and among regional experts that these "sleeper cell" agents are poised to launch a large-scale attack on the American homeland.
* South Korea says discussing peace deal with N. Korea ahead of Summit "People don't realize the Korean War has not ended," Trump told reporters.
* Israel Remembers Her Fallen, Then Celebrates Their Victory This morning, Wednesday, April 18, air raid sirens blared all across the Land of Israel.
* 40 ambassadors to the United Nations visit Israel Largest-ever UN delegation visits Israel, in time for Israel's 70th Independence Day.
* Iranian general: 'Date set' for destruction of Israel Commander of Iranian ground forces says in speech that Iran produces its own weapons, does not have to feel threatened by Israel.
* France's Macron urges EU to shun nationalism French President Emmanuel Macron has warned that "there seems to be a European civil war" between liberal democracy and rising authoritarianism.