* Four players jockeying for post-war positions in Syria. US & Israel vs Russia & Iran Trump took a big move in this game on Jan. 12 when he stipulated that Europe agree to overhaul the Iran nuclear accord on enrichment and ballistic missiles.
* Russians view US, Ukraine and EU as country’s main enemies – survey Two thirds of Russians believe their country has enemies in the international arena, with the US, Ukraine and the EU topping the list, a fresh survey by independent pollster Levada Center has revealed.
* Trump Is Messianic Figure, UN Is Gog: Prominent Israeli Rabbi A highly respected rabbi recently spoke in Jerusalem, labeling US President Donald Trump a “Messianic figure” who will fulfill his campaign promise of making America great by purifying the country in preparation for the Messiah while fighting the United Nations, which the rabbi identified as Gog.
* Iran sanctions: Tehran vows retaliation over Trump move Iran says the US has "crossed a red line" by imposing sanctions on the head of its judiciary, Ayatollah Sadeq Amoli-Larijani.
* Israel Told It Will Have to "Share" Jerusalem When US President Donald Trump officially recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel last month, he was very careful to not use the words "united" or "undivided," as Israel insists the city must remain.
* Syrian war: Reports of chlorine gas attack on rebel-held Eastern Ghouta A chlorine gas attack has been carried out on a besieged rebel-held enclave on the outskirts of the Syrian capital Damascus, reports say.
* Meet the butterflies from 200 million years ago Newly discovered fossils show that moths and butterflies have been on the planet for at least 200 million years.
* Light shed on mystery space radio pulses Astronomers have fresh insight on a mysterious source of recurring radio pulses from space.
* US State Department Pushes Israel to Ban Jewish Prayer on Temple Mount The US State Department’s annual report on religious freedoms, released on Thursday, focused much attention on Jerusalem, calling for the Israeli government to strengthen the ban on Jewish prayer on the Temple Mount.
* ISIS Sets Its Sights on Gaza There is nothing more delightful than watching two Islamic terror groups fight each other to the death.