* Israeli warplanes strike near Damascus airport - reports Israeli planes have reportedly fired two missiles which hit near Damascus, targeting an ammunition facility belonging to Lebanon's Hezbollah, according to a Lebanese TV station citing "informed" sources and various social media reports on pro-Syrian webpages.
* US nuclear carrier conducts naval drills with Japan as N. Korea threatens H-bomb test The 100,000-ton US Navy supercarrier 'Ronald Reagan' has conducted drills with Japanese warships south of the Korean Peninsula, Japan's military said. Pyongyang, meanwhile, has threatened a further "hydrogen bomb test" over the Pacific.
* Iraqi Kurds 'Expect War' Following Referendum Disputes are growing in intensity in areas Iraqi Kurds now control outside the original boundaries of their autonomous region, prompting many to anticipate armed conflict following their independence referendum on Monday.
* President Trump Praises Erdogan, Turkey During a sideline meeting Thursday at the United Nations, President Donald Trump called Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan a "good friend"- despite recent criticisms from the foreign leader.
* The Golden Age of Jewish-Christian Relations Christian love demanded that they try and convert the Jews, but more often than not, Jews felt more wrath than grace.
* Iran Unveils a Ballistic Missile That Can Hit Israel in Military Parade The missile will be delivered to the air defense system of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.
* UN Security Council Announces Opposition to Kurdish Independence Vote The 15-member council voted unanimously to officially oppose the referendum.
* In Pictures: Ultra-Orthodox Flock to Celebrate Rosh Hashanah in Ukraine 30,000 ultra-Orthodox Jews are estimated to have traveled to the Ukrainian town of Uman for Rosh Hashanah.
* Is Germany Heading to a "September Surprise"? Instead of hurting the AfD's electoral prospects, the smear campaign has ended up driving more voters toward the party.
* Theresa May proposes to delay Brexit impact with 2-year transition period British Prime Minister Theresa May sought to kick start Brexit negotiations on Friday, proposing to delay the impact of the UK's withdrawal from the EU with a two-year transition period.