* Archaeologists find battle site where Romans breached Jerusalem walls Discovery confirms Josephus's account of the conflict that saw destruction of Second Temple nearly 2,000 years ago, says Israeli Antiquities Authority.
* Obama vs Baghdad on Sunni cleansing of Mosul A major dispute on combat tactics which has sprung up between Washington and Baghdad hangs over the coalition's Mosul offensive after three days of combat.
* Iranian General: "Presence of America in region is cancerous malign tumor that can only be treated by removing filthy tumor"The goal of holding this drill is the creation of readiness so as to be able to combat any threat, and should a war occur, the Air Force will be the first force to enter the battlefield."
* Iraqi PM upbeat on Mosul offensive The operation to retake the Iraqi city of Mosul from so-called Islamic State militants is progressing faster than planned, the Iraqi prime minister says.
* Temple Mount activists simulate biblical water-drawing ritual Temple Mount activists simulated a traditional water-drawing ritual - in preparation for the real thing.
* Syria conflict: Russia extends Aleppo ceasefire by 24 hours Russia says it will extend by 24 hours its "humanitarian pause" in air strikes on rebel-held eastern Aleppo, taking the break up until Friday afternoon.
* Israel's antiquities chief compares UNESCO to Islamic State UN cultural body's resolution on Jerusalem akin to jihadist group's destruction of Palmyra, says Yisrael Hasson.
* Defying UNESCO and Ramallah, foreign lawmakers tour Jewish Hebron Despite intense Palestinian opposition, a group of 15 parliamentarians from across the globe visits the Tomb of the Patriarchs for the first time.
* Scotland government plans independence vote before Brexit Scottish first minister Nicola Sturgeon has presented a bill proposing that a referendum on Scotland's independence be held before the UK pulls out of the EU.
* Royal Navy pledges to 'man-mark' passing Russian fleet Britain's navy has pledged to keep her shores 'safe' as a Russian fleet passes the British Isles bound for the Mediterranean Sea.