* Sounding the Horn of the Messiah From Jerusalem Though it is impossible to say with absolute certainty when the Messiah will come, in an ancient synagogue in Jerusalem's Old City, a shofar and jug of oil are patiently waiting on a high shelf for his arrival.
* Analysts: Russia looking to strong-arm US As tensions between the two world powers escalate, experts say the Russians are 'going all out' in Aleppo to make US accept its demands.
* Pentagon: ISIS is preparing a chemical attack Pentagon spokesman warns the Islamic State is determined to use chemical arms and likely to try them again in Iraq.
* Syria conflict: Aleppo evacuation corridors needed, WHO says The World Health Organization wants safe routes to be set up immediately to evacuate sick and wounded Syrians from besieged parts of the city of Aleppo.
* Clinton attacked a defensive Trump. Tie holds The first direct face-off between the two US presidential candidates Tuesday, Sept. 27 ended in a slight edge for the Democrats' Hillary Clinton versus Republican Donald Trump. But the score was not decisive enough to radically change the close tie prevailing in the polls when the contenders took the stage.
* Ahead of Jewish New Year, Israel's population stands at 8.585 million The average Jewish birth rate has risen while the average Muslim birth rate has fallen, closing the gap between the two sectors.
* Oil prices slide as Iran refuses to freeze output levels The political rivalry between Iran and Saudi Arabia spilled into OPEC's informal meeting in Algeria as Iran said it would not freeze oil output and Saudi said the meeting was merely 'consultative'.
* 'Emergency' need for exorcists after surge in people dabbling in Satanism and black magic Exorcists are in urgent demand as a result of a sharp rise in people dabbling in Satanism and the occult, experts from the Catholic Church in Italy and the US said.
* Khamenei tells Ahmadinejad not to run for president Iran's Supreme Leader tells former president not to stand again in next year's elections.
* Jihadists Target Spain "The actions of your ancestors are the reason for our actions today."