* Kurds defy US ultimatum, fight Turkish invasion to Syria west of the Euphrates Syrian Kurdish militia commanders are flouting the ultimatum US Vice President Joe Biden handed them Wednesday, Aug. 24 to retreat to east of the Euphrates or else forfeit US support.
* Erdogan tells US: Stop backing the Kurds US-Turkish discord over the Turkish army's onslaught on the Kurds of northern Syria reached a new low Wednesday, Aug. 30, when the presidential palace spokesman Ibrahim Kalin said in Ankara: "The US must revise its policy of supporting Kurdish forces."
* Iran to Turkey: Get out of Syria Iran claims Turkey's offensive "a violation of Syria's sovereignty," as Turkey marches deeper into Kurdish-claimed territory.
* US calls Iran's actions in Arabian Gulf 'unsafe' and 'provocative' General Joseph Votel told reporters at a Pentagon press briefing that Iran was alone it's carrying out of what he said was the "unprofessional" harassment of navy vessels in international waters.
* Worshippers charged with 'obstructing access to Temple Mount' Youths arrested at entrance to Temple Mount accused of 'obstructing free access to holy places'.
* Israel shuts down Palestinian radio station for incitement in overnight raid All the technical equipment and transmitters were confiscated. Five of the station's employees were arrested in the raid.
* Documentary project highlights anti-Semitism in Europe 'Strangers at Home,' a project of the Global Reporting Center, features nine clips, each from a different country, in which locals share their experiences.
* New Czech atlases write Jerusalem out of Israel After PA ambassador to Prague complained, Czech authorities ordered their atlases to mark Tel Aviv as Israel's capital.
* US 'deeply concerned' by Israeli settlement decision Continued construction undermines two-state solution, says White House spokesman Josh Earnest.
* Russian airstrike killed senior ISIS leader Abu Muhammad al-Adnani - Moscow The killing of a top figure in the terrorist group Islamic State, Abu Muhammed al-Adnani, was the result of an airstrike conducted by a Russian Su-34 bomber, Russia's Defense Ministry said Wednesday.