* US warship 'harassed' by Iranian speedboats near Strait of Hormuz The USS Nitze, a guided missile destroyer, was intercepted by four Iranian military boats near the Strait of Hormuz on Tuesday, US defense officials said.
* China gears up for missile warfare with US China's military is developing offensive and now defensive missiles in preparation for a future missile-dominated conflict with the United States.
* Social media failing to filter extremist content, UK lawmakers charge Parliament Home Affairs Committee warns Facebook, Twitter, Google could become 'the Wild West of the internet'.
* Turkey warns Syrian Kurds to withdraw east of Euphrates Turkey has threatened further intervention in northern Syria unless Kurdish-led forces fully withdraw east of the River Euphrates within a week.
* Iranian ex commander: New militia formed to destroy Israel in 23 years The former leader of the Islamic Republic's Revolutionary Guards reportedly says new branch is positioned to destroy the Jewish state because it's fighting nearby in Iraq, Syria and Yemen.
* Neighbouring star Proxima Centauri has Earth-sized planet The nearest habitable world beyond our Solar System might be right on our doorstep - astronomically speaking.
* Israel First to Deploy Autonomous Military Robots Several militaries are currently working on a range of not only unmanned, but autonomous military vehicles.
* Russia to Field Hypersonic Missiles by 2020 Russia is working to deploy a revolutionary hypersonic maneuvering strike missile by 2020, according to a Russian defense industry leader.
* Hit the ATM: The Ankara-Tehran-Moscow coalition So Turkish President, a.k.a. Sultan Recep Tayyip Erdogan is about to make a high-profile visit to Tehran - the date has not yet been set - to essentially kick start the ATM (Ankara-Tehran-Moscow) coalition in Syria.
* Palestinians: When the Mountain of Fire Erupts Hours after his security officers lynched a detainee, Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas urged Palestinian businessmen living abroad to support the Palestinian economy by investing in the Palestinian territories.