* Iran accuses Russia of 'betrayal of trust' over use of air base Tehran says Russia's use of an air base for Syria strikes are over "for now."
* Ayatollah shoots down Putin's high-flying Tupolev Monday, Aug. 22, just a week after the Russian defense ministry proudly released images of the first Russian bombardments in Syria to be launched from Nojeh airbase, which Tehran had granted Moscow near the Iranian town of Hamedan, the Iranian defense ministry snatched the concession back in a public rebuff for Moscow.
* Poll: Israeli Jews fear Palestinians, reject plan for PA state Palestinian Arabs distrust Israelis, while Israelis fear Arabs, new poll shows. Support for recent peace plans low on both sides.
* Eyeing elections, Palestinians vote to tamp down on Gaza flare-up Hamas and Fatah don't want war now, and while Israel's response may have looked tougher than normal it continued the proud tradition of using bombs to send a message.
* PA Mufti: Every centimeter of Jerusalem is Islamic Palestinian mufti calls on the Palestinian people and residents of Jerusalem to gather around the Al-Aqsa Mosque and protect it.
* US State Dept. finally cites PA anti-Semitism In its annual report on religious freedom, the US State department has finally called out the anti-Semitism of the Palestinian Authority.
* Hezbollah Threatens to Invade Israel, Destroy Jewish State A top Hezbollah leader this month said that the Lebanese terrorist militia is now capable of not only firing missiles at Israel, but can also launch a ground invasion of the Jewish state.
* The Temple Mount and UNESCO UNESCO, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, is known throughout the world for the many places it designates as World Heritage Sites.
* Israeli researchers closing in on cure for melanoma with new 'breakthrough' Researcher have mapped out the process in which cancer cells inflict themselves on the dermis, which can help scientists in developing new drugs to stop the problem.
* UK: Clerics Who Threaten Reformers and Praise Murderers The conviction of radical Islamic preacher Anjem Choudary -- the most prominent extremist in Britain -- has been widely welcomed in the UK.