* President Rivlin to survivors at Holocaust Remembrance Day ceremony: We have not done enough The opening ceremony for Holocaust Martyrs' and Heroes' Remembrance Day is underway at Yad Vashem in Jerusalem; President Reuven Rivlin and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke at the ceremony.
* Holocaust Remembrance Day: Passing the torch from generation to generation As the remaining Holocaust survivors dwindle in numbers how is it possible to keep the torch of memory burning and what will happen when there no survivors walking among us?
* Egyptian-German scholar: Jew-hatred poisoning Muslims Anti-Semitism prevents the Muslim world from addressing any real problems, Hamed Abdel-Salam asserts.
* Russia warns of retaliation as NATO plans more deployments in Eastern Europe Russia will reinforce its western and southern flanks with three new divisions by the year-end, officials said on Wednesday, threatening retaliation to NATO's plans to boost its military presence in eastern members Poland and the Baltic States.
* The Mixed Legacy of Nuremberg This year commemorates the 80th anniversary of the notorious Nuremberg Laws, the Nazi racist enactments that formed the legal basis for the Holocaust.
* EU backs Turkey visa deal, but says conditions must be met The European Commission has given conditional backing for Turkish people to get visa-free travel inside Europe's passport-free Schengen area.
* Israel to open permanent office at NATO HQ, five years after Turkey blocked move NATO's treaty obligates the member states to militarily defend one another in time of attack, but that does not extend to the alliance's some 40 partner countries.
* Iranian commander threatens to close Strait of Hormuz to US Hossein Salami also says in speech aired on state TV that 'Americans cannot make safe any part of the world'.
* Wars and Rumors of Wars Rumors regarding the imminent coming of Messiah are bountiful today. The latest among them is that of the Riminov Rebbe (pictured), a Hassidic rabbi living in New York.
* Syria conflict: 'Dozens killed' in Aleppo battle Dozens of people are reported to have been killed in fierce clashes between rebel groups and government forces in the divided Syrian city of Aleppo.