* Kurdish-led forces launch operation to take ISIS 'capital' Raqqa Kurdish fighters, Arab allies launch surprise 3-pronged offensive in northern Syria, hoping to liberate the capital of the 'Islamic State.'
* Vatican Expert: Pope Francis a 'Friend of Islam' In an analysis of Monday's meeting between Pope Francis and Sheikh Ahmed el-Tayeb, the Grand Imam of the al-Azhar Mosque in Cairo, Vatican expert John L. Allen said that there is no Christian leader in the world today with a more credible claim to the title of a 'friend of Islam.'
* Islamic State Feeds Commanders to Dogs, Conducts Chemical Experiments on Prisoners More horror stories have emerged from the Islamic State, including reports of commanders who fail to carry out their duties being fed to hungry dogs and chemical weapons being tested on the 'caliphate's' prisoners.
* Syria conflict: IS 'destroyed helicopters' at Russian base New satellite imagery appears to reveal extensive damage to a strategically significant airbase in central Syria used by Russian forces after an attack by so-called Islamic State (IS).
* Iranian official: We can destroy Israel 'in eight minutes' Senior Iranian military commander threatens to "raze the Zionist regime" after Khamenei calls to continue building missile arsenal.
* Analysis: A decade of Hamas Hamas's entry to Palestinian politics could have been a watershed moment.
* ISIS plans to ignite ethnic war in Fallujah upon leaving the city, secret document reveals The document was issued in May by ISIS' Fallujah province and was recently obtained by the Iran-backed Popular Mobilization Units in the city of Karamah.
* Iran hardliner Jannati elected head of Assembly of Experts A hardline conservative has been elected chairman of Iran's Assembly of Experts, a powerful clerical body which selects the country's supreme leader.
* Dysfunctional Israeli leadership failing utterly in battle against BDS, state watchdog warns Highlighting dismal propaganda performance during 2014 war, comptroller cites lack of overall strategy, absent funding, divisions between ministries, failure to coordinate with IDF.
* Report: Israeli delegation in Cairo for peace talks Egyptian officials claim Israel has chosen Cairo to mediate with PA over France; delegation also to coordinate security in Sinai.