* Iran: Hezbollah is the vanguard of resistance against the Zionist regime The six-member Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) branded Hezbollah a terrorist organization on Wednesday, opening up the possibility of further sanctions against the group.
* EU asking Turkey to take back migrants In its effort to reduce the flow of migrants coming to Europe, the EU is now focusing on sending back economic migrants to Turkey.
* Mitt Romney says 'phony' Trump unfit for presidency Former republican nominee lambasts billionaire businessman as party leaders scramble to put an end to his winning streak.
* Iran rages at Gulf states for outlawing terrorist Hezbollah Iranian Deputy FM claims Gulf states 'harmed Lebanese security' by banning Iran-proxy terrorists, lauds group's attacks on Israel.
* Surprise? Global war deaths doubled in Obama era Was Obama's Nobel peace prize justified? Data indicates his hands-off approach did not bring less war but rather much more.
* Report: Russia's military intelligence chief killed in secret operation in Lebanon The Kremlin announced the death of Sergun on January 4, saying that he died in Moscow after a heart attack.
* Lights out for Syria as electricity mysteriously cut nationwide In the midst of a partial ceasefire, Syria's electric grid suddenly shut down, cutting off power nationwide. Internet services also cut.
* ISIS making ground - in the Philippines Jihadist groups fighting in the name of 'Islamic State' launch series of attacks, threatening to destabilize southern Philippines.
* As Saudi-Iran tensions grow, Lebanon pays the price Both powers are important players in small country, where foreigners have long backed a range of Sunni, Shiite and Christian groups.
* US, Israeli military chiefs stress cooperation to tackle challenges Dunford's second visit to the Jewish state in six months demonstrates the importance the relationship, he says.