* 'Russia a major military': President Obama backtracks on Moscow's defense capabilities Russia's military campaign in Syria seems to have changed President Barack Obama's opinion of its armed forces.
* IS Camp Speicher massacre: Iraq sentences 40 to death Iraq has sentenced 40 men to death over the killing of up to 1,700 military recruits at a former US base in 2014.
* Pending Iranian Space Launch Contrary to U.N. Nuclear Resolution Iran is expected to conduct a rocket test this month in violation of the recent UN resolution on the Iranian nuclear deal that bans long-range missile tests, according to U.S. intelligence officials.
* Seoul says North Korea preparing 'terror attacks' South Korea seeking to pass anti-terrorism laws after it says Pyongyang's Kim Jong Un recently ordered assaults.
* Ankara blast: Turkey accuses Syria Kurds of deadly attack Turkey's president says there is evidence to prove the Kurdish YPG militia based in Syria were behind Wednesday's deadly bombing in Ankara.
* 'Highly dangerous' radioactive material in Iraq stolen - report Fearing an Islamic State dirty bomb, officials are searching for Ir-192 that went missing from a US-owned facility in Basra.
* Hungary Central Bank Stockpiles Guns, Bullets Citing Terror Risk Hungary's central bank, already facing criticism for a spending spree ranging from real estate to fine art, is now beefing up its security force, citing Europe's migrant crisis and potential bomb threats among the reasons.
* Pope Francis Rips Capitalism, American Immigration Policy at Mexican Border Pope Francis, apparently desperate to reach out to the Catholic Church's growing base in Latin America, spent the day slapping Americans in the face from across the US-Mexico border.
* Pope Francis questions Donald Trump's Christianity The Pope has questioned US Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's Christianity over his call to build a border wall with Mexico.
* Fatah draws map of 'Palestine' with terror blood Dying terrorist's blood photo-shopped to form map of 'Palestine,' erasing Israel's existence.