* In the Iran-Saudi Arabia conflict, a clash of civilizations The cold war between the two regional powers is likely to heat up, reviving an age-old sectarian war between Sunni and Shiite Islam in which every country and group in the Middle East will have to choose a side.
* Palestinian Leaders Promise a New Year of Violence and Death After failing to offer their people any hope for the future, Fatah and Hamas are now telling Palestinians that they should expect more violence and bloodshed during in 2016.
* 'US Intelligence treats Netanyahu like an enemy' In a recent reveal a top U.S. intelligence officer told Israeli reporters how much the White House is spying on Israel and Netanyahu.
* Historic Vatican accord with 'Palestine' takes effect Agreement in which Holy See recognizes Palestinian state begins, almost three years after Vatican symbolically recognized 'Palestine.'
* Saudi Arabia's allies Bahrain, Sudan and UAE act against Iran A number of Saudi Arabia's allies have joined diplomatic action against Iran after the Saudi embassy in Tehran was attacked amid a row over the execution of a Shia Muslim cleric.
* Oregon: Armed protest at US government building Armed protesters have occupied a US government building in Oregon to support father and son ranchers who have been ordered to return to jail.
* Global stock markets dive on China worries Wall Street has continued the rout on global share markets, with the Dow Jones, S&P 500 and Nasdaq indexes all opening more than 2% down.
* Islamic State 'will invade Britain soon,' new video warns UK security officials probing identity of clip's masked man with a British accent.
* Michigan Arab activist: Stabbing Jews is OK, they're animals Michigan-based pro-Palestinian activist attacks Muslims who criticize Palestinian stabbing attacks, says Jews are like animals.
* Jew-Hating Turkish President 'Mas-Kom-Ya' Erdogan Extols Hitler's Presidency Upon returning from a visit to Saudi Arabia late on Thursday, Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan cited a striking example to illustrate his quest for consolidation of executive powers.