* "Major Assad-Iranian-Hezbollah ground offensive in Syria planned with Russian air support" - According to Lebanese sources operation aims to recapture territory lost Assad's government to rebels.
* Netanyahu in Fiery Speech, Blasts UN Silence on Iran Threats - In angry oration, PM says: 'It's not easy to oppose something that's supported by greatest powers in the world, but I refuse to be silent.'
* Report: Russia demands that American planes stay out of Syrian skies - US official tells Fox News that American planes will not comply with demand.
* Syria conflict: Russia defends air strikes - Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has defended his country's air strikes in Syria, saying they were targeting the same "terrorist" groups as the US-led coalition.
* Khamenei calls for stronger Iranian military to deter enemies - Iran's supreme leader threatened a "harsh reaction" if Saudi Arabia showed disrespect to hundreds of Iranians killed in the kingdom during a stampede at the haj pilgrimage.
* PA Media: Birkat Kohanim? Jewish "Desecration of Al-Buraq Wall" - Forget the Temple Mount - Palestinian Press Agency says Western Wall is Muslim, Jewish Priestly Blessings 'desecrate' it.
* "Succah of Peace" in Tel Aviv drawing thousands of people from all sectors of Israeli society - Beit Tefilah Israeli, a pluralist Jewish community and organization in Tel Aviv, erects gigantic 650 square meter kosher Succah for 3rd year in a row.
* Obama Twice Refused to Block Palestinian State - Politico reveals Senator Reid twice asked Obama to state he would veto UN resolution establishing 'Palestine,' and was twice ignored.
* At the UN, Palestinians raise a flag but few hopes - On spot where Israeli diplomats last week introduced the UN to a Jewish sin-cleansing rite, Abbas declares ‘Day of the Palestinian Flag’
* Commission: Most Muslims not a threat to Europe - The EU Commission warned on Thursday (1 October) that the “age-old monster” of anti-Semitism and Islamophobia are on the rise in Europe amid the refugee crisis and vowed to fight them, albeit with a limited legal arsenal.