* EU urges calm on Temple Mount as Iran demands Muslim summit - Tehran says Arab states must ‘condemn aggression of Zionist regime,’ while European bloc calls for restraint after clashes.
* Hamas: Israeli actions on Temple Mount are "declaration of war" - As violence spills over into third day, Islamist group calls on world to rein in Israel "before the situation explodes".
* Cheney alert: Nuclear war likely, Obama ended 75-year bipartisan consensus of U.S. as "freedom’s defender" - U.S. President Barack Obama’s capitulation to Iran in recent nuclear negotiations will likely result in the first use of a nuclear weapon since Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
* Senior Iranian general said to make second Moscow trip - Quds Force commander Qassem Soleimani reportedly visits Russia amid push by Moscow, Tehran to aid Assad in Syria.
* Syria conflict: Russia "to continue Assad military aid" - Russian President Vladimir Putin has pledged continued military support for Syria's Bashar al-Assad despite growing concerns over Moscow's role in the war.
* Iranian elections to feature Rouhani-Khamenei power play over nuclear deal - Officials and analysts say Iran's nuclear deal may be eroding its isolation overseas, but at home it is deepening political infighting within the country's complex power structure before votes.
* North Korea Yongbyon nuclear site "in operation" - North Korea says its main nuclear facility, the Yongbyon complex, has resumed normal operations.
* Solving the European Migrant Problem - The problem facing Europe is not only the vast number of migrants flooding the continent.
* Putin: ISIS has designs on Mecca, Medina, Jerusalem, endangers Europe & Russia - Moscow is concerned about IS-trained jihadists returning to EU countries, the CIS and Russia.
* Several Palestinian groups call for 'day of rage' Friday in light of Temple Mount clashes - Palestinian Authority accuses Israel of allowing Jewish 'extremists' to "storm" contested Jerusalem holy site.