* WATCH: Rare 'blood moon' event illuminates night sky First total eclipse, combined with unusually large moon, since 1982; won't recur for 18 years.
* The Festival of Sukkot (Tabernacles) Each of the three major festivals, the sacred seasons sanctified by the G-d of Israel, has a designation by which it is known in the texts of Jewish liturgy and tradition.
* Police enter Temple Mount after Palestinians in Aksa mosque throw stones, firebombs Violence is a repeat of clashes that have erupted intermittently at the holy site over the course of the past few weeks.
* Only Assad truly fighting Islamic State, Putin says In his first address to the UN General Assembly hall in a decade, Putin chides Western powers for their efforts to undermine Assad.
* As insults fly, Iran-Saudi haj row aggravates regional rifts The disaster at the haj is unlikely to be a game changer in the contest between Iran and Saudi Arabia.
* Iran not backing down: Saudi Arabia should apologize for haj deaths "The Islamic World has a lot of questions," Khamenei says; Rouhani demands investigation into deadly crush.
* Jordan's Abdullah: We reject threats to our holy places and the Arab character of Jerusalem Monarch makes comments to UN General Assembly amid tensions over Temple Mount..
* Jewish history's greatest archaeological crime The Temple Mount Sifting Project, now in its 10th year, has uncovered hundreds of thousands of invaluable antiquities from tons of ancient debris discarded like trash from Judaism's holiest site.
* Clashes continue at Temple Mount on Sukkot Rioters barricade themselves inside al-Aqsa Mosque, throw Molotov cocktails on Sukkot; police enter compound following negotiations.
* Iran official: Saudi royal house to fall within 20 years Tehran issues blistering criticism of Riyadh over deaths of hundreds of Muslims in stampede during hajj pilgrimage.