* Bangkok bomb: Deadly blast rocks Thailand capital A bomb has exploded close to a shrine in the centre of Thailand's capital, Bangkok, killing at least 16 people and injuring more than 80.
* Nuke deal, Syria on agenda as Iranian and Russian FMs meet Lavrov, Zarif say deal provides new opportunities for both countries; Lavrov: Nuclear agreement to go into effect in weeks.
* Fatah: Hamas-Israel agreement would lead to separate Palestinian state in Gaza "Hamas wants to win Israeli recognition at the cost of the Palestinian national project," says Fatah spokesman.
* Khamenei: Deal or No Deal, Iran Will 'Shut' US Out In hostile speech, Iranian Supreme Leader dismisses talk of normalizing relations with US after nuclear deal implemented.
* IDF troops prepare for possible incursion into Syria Military assessments foresee possible infiltration of terrorists with heavy weapons, rebel takeover of Druze village; IDF posts video documenting elimination of four Druze who laid explosives on border fence last April.
* Egypt's al-Sisi imposes strict anti-terrorism laws Egyptian President Abdul Fattah al-Sisi has approved stringent new counter-terrorism laws to fight a growing jihadist insurgency.
* Watch: Thousands at the Kotel for First Night of Selichot Sights and sounds: Worshipers flock to Western Wall for first night of penitential prayers leading up to High Holy Days.
* Ben Carson: Yes, Obama Is Anti-Semitic "Anything is anti-Semitic that is against the survival of a state that is surrounded by enemies," says Republican candidate.
* Self-defense, King David-style? In a classroom at Jerusalem's Teddy Stadium, Yehoshua Sofer, an intense bearded man in his 50s who used to be a rapper, trains a group of adherents in what he says is a biblical martial art.
* US to pull Patriot anti-air missiles from Turkey The US has followed in Germany's footsteps, announcing that it will not be renewing its Patriot defense system in Turkey once it expires in October.