* Dome of Rock tops CNN list of sites on 'verge of extinction'; no place for Palmyra Jerusalem holy place at No. 1 on 'Last chance to see' list. Syrian city, whose iconic 2,000-year-old lion was smashed last week, misses out.
* Greece debt crisis: Eurozone predicts tough talks Eurozone finance chiefs have warned of tough negotiations ahead as they meet to decide whether Greece's new reform proposals merit a third debt bailout.
* Russia is top threat to national security, US general says A general in line for the highest US military post says Russia poses the greatest threat to national security.
* Nasrallah: 'You can't be a supporter of Palestine unless you support Iran' "Iran's enemies are the enemies of Jerusalem," Nasrallah said, calling the Islamic Republic and its support for "resistance movements" the "only hope left for this region, after God."
* Jews barred from Temple Mount until end of Ramadan Israel Police notes that the ban occurs annually, while Jewish activists call it a 'surrender to terrorism'.
* Israeli imam backs Islamic State, calls Netanyahu 'a Jewish dog' In anti-Semitic sermon at Umm al-Fahm mosque, Muhammad Abd Al-Ghani blames 'accursed' Jews for all Muslim problems.
* On Ramadan, IS offers alms to poor, flogs fast-breakers Jihadists severely punish violators of Muslim holiday, caging them for days, while encouraging charity - and jihad.
* Netanyahu: Iran wants to 'take over the world' Prime minister slams emerging nuclear deal, declares Tehran 'more dangerous' than Islamic State.
* Putin vows to save Syria from 'tragic' fate of U.S.-supported Iraq Russian President Vladimir Putin said U.S. President Barack Obama's strategy to counter Islamic State of Iraq and Levant (ISIL) in Iraq has been 'lamentable' and resulted in 'tragic' consequences.
* Iranian official says 'no time limit' to reach deal As international talks drag on in Vienna and with several deadlines missed, Kerry says sides 'still have difficult issues to resolve'.