* Kerry raises eyebrows with remarks on Iran's past military work Talks resume with deadline less than two weeks away; Jerusalem wants extension.
* That Imaginary War Room We have all had fantasies - have we not? - of being President or Chief of Staff, and being present, somewhere in the Pentagon, in a War Room that, we like to think, directs that campaign of self-defense against the hydra-headed Jihad.
* Muslims mark beginning of Ramadan This year's summer timing means long, hot days of dawn-to-dusk fasting in month-long festival.
* Diplomats: Iran and West Disagree on All Main Elements Diplomats say Iran and six powers are in disagreement on up to 10 crucial elements of the nuclear deal and may need to extend talks again.
* Jordan Fears Imminent ISIS Invasion Jordan is preparing for invasions by Islamic terror groups by arming Bedouins in Syria and Iraq to prevent incursions, reports say.
* German Jewish leader to Protestants: Condemn Martin Luther's anti-Semitic teachings Germany's Josef Schuster urged Protestants to confront and condemn anti-Jewish teachings of Martin Luther, who began the Protestant Reformation.
* Kurdistan: A Summary How strange it is that the American government continues to regard as a desideratum the survival of the state of Iraq. Why? Modern Iraq, it needs to be repeated, was concocted out of the three Ottoman vilayets of Mosul, Baghdad, and Basra.
* Americans' confidence in religion hits a new low Americans have less confidence in organized religion today than ever measured before - a sign that the church could be "losing its footing as a pillar of moral leadership in the nation's culture," a new Gallup survey finds.
* Southern Baptists: We won't obey gay marriage decision Officials with the Southern Baptist Convention today issued a statement saying they will reject any ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court that affirms same-sex marriage..
* Netanyahu orders investigation into "outrageous arson attack" on church by Sea of Galilee "Idol worshippers will have their heads cut off," spray-painted on nearby wall; Police question and release 16 yeshiva students in area, launch joint investigation with Shin Bet.