* Monitor: Islamic State controls half of Syrian territory Advance into central city of Palmyra is Islamic State's first takeover directly from Syrian military and allied forces.
* Muslim Brotherhood becoming more violent and radical, expert tells 'Post' Egyptian expert to "Post": The Brotherhood will probably continue its long tradition of double-talk, speaking of democracy in English while emphasizing "jihad" in Arabic.
* Iran threatens '80,000 rockets at Tel Aviv and Haifa' over distorted Ya'alon comment Iran's UN envoy also mistook the exaggerated statements for real and issued a letter to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon.
* Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane The Chinese navy issued warnings eight times as a U.S. surveillance plane on Wednesday swooped over islands that Beijing is using to extend its zone of influence.
* Hezbollah: We'll Apply Strategies in Syria to Conquer Galilee Hezbollah officials say battle against Syrian rebels in Qalamoun a dress rehearsal for next war with Israel.
* Iranian politician says country to unveil its own "S-300" missile system Saudi Prince Turki al-Faisal: We'll check Iran's imperial ambitions in Lebanon, Syria and Iraq.
* Islamic State seizes Syria's ancient Palmyra Islamic State (IS) militants in Syria have entered the Unesco World Heritage site of Palmyra after seizing the town next to the ancient ruins, reports say.
* Europe seeks new influence in peace talks In Jerusalem, Federica Mogherini announces new EU peace envoy, who will live in Jerusalem full-time.
* In final days, Bin Laden urged followers to kill Jews Amidst an increasingly broken infrastructure, al-Qaeda chief remained committed to attacks on Westerners, including Jewish targets, documents show.
* Section of ancient Jerusalem aqueduct uncovered 21-kilometer water pipe was used intermittently for two millennia until electric-powered system installed last century.