*'First pure olive oil produced in 2000 years' says Temple Institute This year, the Temple Institute has produced pure olive oil fit for use in the Menorah of the Temple for what it says is the first time in two thousand years.
* China pledges to help Russia overcome economic hardships China's foreign minister has pledged support to Russia as it faces an economic downturn due to sanctions and a drop in oil prices.
* Muslim Scholar Calls for Jewish Place of Worship on Temple Mount Jordanian Salafi cleric makes surprising ruling, notes Jewish presence pre-Islam and says 'Israelites' should thus be given a right to pray.
* Temple Mount Org.: Jordanian Cleric's Support a Positive Step Temple Institute head Rabbi Chaim Richman says Muslim cleric's 'bold' support for Jewish prayer rights on Mount is 'extremely positive.'
* Fatah Official: Yafo, Haifa, Acco, and Nazareth are Ours In a recent Lebanese television appearance, Fatah official Tawfiq Tirawi claimed several Israeli cities as belonging to 'Palestine.'
* David's Sling 'can intercept warheads over enemy territory,' Rafael official tells 'Post' Air defense system is entering the production stage and will have initial operational capability in 2016.
* Pope Francis sharply criticises Vatican bureaucracy Pope Francis has sharply criticised the Vatican bureaucracy in a pre-Christmas address to cardinals, complaining of "spiritual Alzheimer's" and "the terrorism of gossip".
* Temple Mount Hosts Pro-Hamas Rally A large group of Palestinian Muslims sporting green Hamas headbands rallied on Friday atop Jerusalem's Temple Mount, where they called for an Islamist conquest of the city.
* ISIL tests Jordan defenses with clashes along borders with Iraq, Syria Officials said the Hashemite kingdom was on alert for an ISIL presence along Jordan's borders with Iraq and Syria.
* UN's 1,300 observers at loose ends after fleeing to Israel from Syria's Golan Heights The United Nations monitoring force is struggling to operate after fleeing Syria's Golan Heights.