* Police heighten security throughout capital for Rosh Hashana Special patrol units, undercover officers, and border policemen will patrol the Old City and the capital's surrounding neighborhoods.
* OBAMA DEFENDS ISLAM, SMACKS ISRAEL, AMERICAN RACISM AT UN On Wednesday, on the first anniversary of President Barack Obama's speech to the United Nations in which he called for ouster of Syrian dictator Bashar Assad, Obama attempted to rally support for his airstrikes against Assad's terrorist opposition.
* Reflections on Anti-Semitism Following Gaza War When Pope Francis hosted a joint prayer meeting in June with then-Israeli President Shimon Peres and Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas, some saw it as a significant step toward peace in the Middle East. In reality, it signaled that the situation had spiraled dangerously out of control, and that all was now in God's hands.
* Muslim States Say Israel Has No Right to Self-Defense Representatives of Muslim states participating in a session of the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva this week called into question Israelâ€™s right to militarily defend itself against Palestinian terrorism.
* Islamic State crisis: New air strikes in Syria and Iraq US warplanes have carried out new air strikes on Islamic State (IS) militants in Iraq and Syria, hitting vehicles and arms dumps, the US military says.
* Rosh Hashana 5775: Each of us has a special role Every person has special strengths, specific desires, personal traits that are only his.
* Ukraine crisis: Nato sees 'significant' Russian troop pullback Nato says it has observed a "significant" withdrawal of Russian troops from eastern Ukraine, but adds that some forces still remain there.
* Watch: Minister Ariel 'Greeted' By Arab Rioters on Temple Mount Minister gives New Year wishes in video from Temple Mount - to the sound of explosions and Arab curses in the background.
* With nothing to show, Hamas slouches toward a new conflict Terror group has failed to make significant gains after summer war, leaving Gaza's population frustrated and looking elsewhere.
* Hezbollah leader Nasrallah opposes US-led action in Syria "We are against American military intervention and an international coalition in Syria, whether that (action) is against the regime or IS," Nasrallah said in a speech.