* Israel air strikes resume in Gaza amid rockets Israel says it has resumed air strikes in Gaza after Palestinian militants fired rockets following the end of a three-day truce on Friday morning.
* Right, left call for strong response to renewed Hamas rocket fire Lawmakers from across the political spectrum weigh in on the appropriate response to renewed aggression by Hamas in the Gaza Strip.
* 'It's Time for Real Victory Over Hamas' The former head of the Shin Bet, Israel's internal security agency, wrote on Friday that the time has come for real victory over Hamas and other jihadist forces holding sway in the Gaza Strip.
* ISIS Threatens America: "We Will Raise The Flag Of Allah In The White House"The terror group President Barack Obama threatened to strike in Iraq Thursday evening is itself threatening to strike the American homeland.
* US aircraft strikes Islamic State targets in northern Iraq Two F/A-18 aircraft dropped 500-pound laser-guided bombs on a mobile artillery piece near Arbil, the Pentagon said.
* Three Quarters of Syria's Chemicals Destroyed Three quarters of Syria's chemical stockpile has been destroyed, says Organization for the Prevention of Chemical Weapons.
* Iraq: US air strike on Islamic State militants in Iraq The US says it has launched an air strike against militants from the Islamic State (IS) group in Iraq.
* WHO: Ebola 'an international emergency' The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared the spread of Ebola in West Africa an international health emergency.
* Hamas: Israel rejected our demands After Hamas rejects extended truce, renewed rocket fire wounds two Israelis, Egypt works to secure extended lull; Hamas: Israel wasting our time.
* Iran as a superpower, and Hungary tilts away from EU A review of the best commentary on and around the world...