* IDF officer injured as Islamist rebels seize Syria-Israel crossing Army hits Syrian targets after soldier is hurt as salvo of mortars hits the Golan.
* Iran likens Israelis to egg-stealing pigs from 'Angry Birds' Iran's version of the popular phone app can be seen at a digital media exhibition in Tehran.
* Amidror: Israel's red line with Syria is the border, and if anyone crosses it they should be killed Former National Security Council head says if Nusra Front takes control of Golan Heights, threats of radical Islam will not stop on frontiers of Israel, but spread out to Western countries.
* Syria conflict: Islamic State 'committed war crimes' Islamic State (IS) militants have committed "mass atrocities" in Syria and have recruited children as fighters, the United Nations says.
* Germany steps up fight against far rightists after neo-Nazi murders German authorities failed to view crimes as racially motivated, did not connect several murders perpetrated by neo-Nazi cell of National Socialist Underground.
* Iran: Gaza put the Zionist regime on its knees Iranian Foreign Ministry congratulates "Palestinian resistance" on its "victory" over the "Zionist aggressors."
* Crowds celebrate Hamas 'victory' in Gaza streets Hamas leader resurfaces to declare that Gaza will build sea-port, airport and show Palestinians can "target any part of Israel."
* Blair Welcomes Gaza Ceasefire Former British prime minister welcomes the announcement of an open-ended ceasefire in Gaza, calls for long-term plan.
* Nato chief unveils new plan for eastern Europe A summit in Minsk on Tuesday (26 August) failed to produce a breakthrough on the Ukraine conflict, while Nato announced a bold new plan for eastern Europe.
* Washington prepares to attack Islamic State targets in Syria The US government has stepped up its efforts to increase its knowledge of Islamic State activities and assets in and around Raqqa, the group's nominal capital.