* Inching Toward Civil War? An exchange of emails between young Jewish settlers has many in Israel worried that the nation could be inching toward civil war over the issue of future control of the land.
* Russia's Putin Cozies Up to Jews Amidst mounting tension between Russia and Ukraine, Russian President Vladimir Putin opened official government facilities to host the largest conference of Russian-speaking Jews.
* Israel: Assad has killed with poison gas 30 times since August Syrian forces loyal to President Bashar Assad have used chemical weapons in over 30 cases.
* Israel swept by rainiest May day on record rare storm dumped rain across Israel over Wednesday night and Thursday morning, causing flash floods and wreaking havoc in the south of the country.
* Palestinian TV Show Encourages Children to Kill Jews Hamas's official TV channel aired a children's program in which viewers were encouraged to "kill the Jews".
* Ukrainian Jews form defense force to combat anti-Semitic attacks Ukrainian Jews with combat skills formed a rapid intervention force to stop anti-Semitic attacks.
* Syrian rebels blow up Aleppo hotel used by army Syrian rebels blew up a hotel used by President Bashar al-Assad's forces in the northern city of Aleppo.
* Ukraine crisis: Pro-Russia rebel vote to go ahead Pro-Russian activists in eastern Ukraine have decided to go ahead with an independence referendum.
* Strong earthquake of 6.4 magnitude hits Mexico An earthquake of 6.4 magnitude has shaken parts of Mexico, causing buildings to sway in the capital.
* Russia drives up euro, says Draghi Low inflation, weak demand and high unemployment are not the only reasons for a strong euro.