* Fatah: 'Two-State Solution Is Dead, Time for Armed Conflict' Palestinian Authority (PA) Chairman Mahmoud Abbas's Fatah faction espouses the same ideology of destroying Israel as Hamas.
* Combat alert: Ukraine on 'full military readiness' in anticipation of Russian invasion Ukraine's interim president, Oleksandr Turchynov, says the country's armed forces have been put on full military alert, in case of a Russian invasion.
* Hamas holds massive West Bank rally, testing Palestinian unity deal Over a thousand supporters of the Islamist group Hamas marched through the streets of a West Bank stronghold of its rival Fatah party on Wednesday.
* Iraqis vote in parliamentary polls in security clampdown Iraqis have voted in their country's first parliamentary elections since the withdrawal of US forces in 2011.
* Religious Affairs Ministry Vows: Jews will Pray on Temple Mount Deputy Religious Affairs Minister Eli Ben-Dahan spoke via video message at a conference for Jewish Temple Mount prayer rights.
* Obama's pivot to Asia will lack firepower President Obama's pivot to Asia will lack a crucial military underpinning next year.
* EU firms help power China's military rise An AFP investigation shows that European countries have approved billions in transfers of weapons and military-ready technology to the Asian giant.
* Israeli Minister: Annex Settlements, Give Citizenship to Palestinians Israeli Economy Minister Naftali Bennett seeks to kill the vacuum by urging Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to implement an "Israeli initiative."
* Turkey calls on Europe to help prevent jihadists entering Syria A Turkish government minister has called on Europe to do more to stop radicals travelling through his country to join the jihad in Syria.
* China Rejects Sign It May Soon Be No. 1 Economy China has rejected a World Bank report that suggests it might pass the United States this year to become the biggest economy.