* Apocalyptic prophecies drive both sides to Syrian battle for end of time Conflict in Syria kills hundreds of thousands of people and spreads unrest across the Middle East.
* Saudi Arabia declares all atheists are terrorists in new law to crack down on political dissidents Saudi Arabia has introduced a series of new laws which define atheists as terrorists.
* Syria civil war 'kills over 150,000 people' in three years Over 150,000 people have lost their lives since the March 2011 outbreak of the devastating civil war in Syria.
* Ukraine crisis: NATO suspends cooperation with Moscow ATO will suspend "all practical civilian and military cooperation" with Russia because of its annexation of Crimea.
* Islamic intolerance and the Temple Mount Between 1948 and 1967, not one Jew prayed at the Western Wall.
* Al-Qaida says Saudi rulers controlled by US Al-Qaida's Yemen branch has mocked tough new counterterrorism measures adopted by neighboring Saudi Arabia.
* Iraq general election campaign begins Campaigning has begun for next month's general election in Iraq, with Prime Minister Nouri Maliki seeking a third consecutive term in office.
* Kerry Cancels Abbas Meeting as PA Requests To Join UN Agencies Palestinian Authority (PA) Chairman Mahmoud Abbas breached the conditions of the peace talks Tuesday by signing a request to join several United Nations (UN) agencies.
* Israeli and USA Army Chiefs Meet in Jerusalem Top-ranking Israeli and American defense officials met in Jerusalem to discuss regional security.
* Time to take Sino-EU relations to a new level As the first Chinese leader to visit the EU headquarters, President Xi Jinping is seeking a new trade opening with Brussels.