* Iran moves navy fleet into Atlantic in 'message' to US A senior Iranian naval commander says his country has sent several warships to the Atlantic Ocean.
* Al Qaeda Inc. on the Rise A panel of terrorism and national security experts at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies said Wednesday that al Qaeda's brand is the strongest its ever been.
* 2014 Sochi Olympics opening: Breathtaking Winter fairytale The XXII Winter Olympic Games are on after opening officially in a sparkling, star-studded show in Sochi.
* Top Iranian official: Israel a 'cancer' in the Middle East Iran's parliamentary speaker Ali Larijani referred to Israel as a "cancer" in the region.
* Hundreds throw stones at police on Temple Mount Hundreds of young worshipers flung rocks at Israeli police on Jerusalem's Temple Mount.
* Preparing for the northern arena: Nahal Reconnaissance Battalion Dozens of soldiers stormed concrete structures in the middle of the desert, firing blanks.
* Foreign Affairs: Will NATO pacify the Middle East? Sixty-five years ago this month, the first Arab-Israeli agreement of any sort was signed.
* Israeli Poll: Palestinians Must Recognize Israel as 'Jewish' A poll carried out this week by the Israel Democracy Institute found that a firm 77 percent majority of Israelis maintain that the Palestinian Authority must recognize Israel as a "Jewish state".
* How Herod the tyrant saved the Olympics The 2014 Winter Olympic Games, beginning Friday in Sochi, Russia, are the most expensive Olympics ever at over $51 billion.
* Israel takes step towards becoming a gas exporter Israel has taken a step closer to becoming a natural gas exporter .