* Tension at Temple Mount is escalating week by week Early on Friday evenings, they meet at the Temple Mount - a group of worshipers who differ from the others in appearance, and especially ideology.
* Explosion on Israeli-Syrian border was aimed at IDF patrol A blast that took place on the Israeli-Syrian border on Friday evening was caused by explosives intended to target the IDF unit that was patrolling the border.
* Sacred Shrines Become 'Ticking Time Bomb' The supreme leader of the Palestinian Muslims and guardian of Islam's most sacred shrine in the Old City of Jerusalem has warned of an uprising.
* Putin Meets Saudi Intel Chief To Discuss Syria and Iran Russian President Vladimir Putin met with Saudi intelligence chief Prince Bandar Bin Sultan in Moscow.
* Americans: US is Losing Respect Growing numbers of Americans believe that U.S. global power and prestige are in decline.
* How Egypt's Gen. al-Sisi Won TIME's Person of the Year Poll Ahmed Abu Hashima, an Egyptian steel magnate and Sisi supporter, was one of the first to publicly congratulate Sisi on Twitter.
* Kerry: We are closer to peace than we have been in years Both Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas are committed to continuing peace talks.
* Muslims Launch Fireworks at Police on Temple Mount A group of Arab Muslim youth on Wednesday launched fireworks at Israeli police officers.
* Egypt: Muslim Brotherhood has gone underground and is plotting to destabilize country Egypt has disclosed a plan by the ousted Muslim Brotherhood to sabotage the Arab power.
* Jewish activists want to pray on Jerusalem's Temple Mount, raising alarm in Muslim world A small but growing movement by Jewish activists demanding the right to pray at the site of their destroyed temple.