* Why Israel Can't Trust UN for Protection The Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs (JCPA) has produced and published a historical/topographic video.
* Thousands of Morsi supporters march across Egypt Thousands of supporters of Egypt's deposed President Mohamed Morsi protested in Cairo.
* Pentagon to sell bunker busters, cruise missiles to Gulf monarchies in $11bn deal The Pentagon plans to sell $10.8 billion worth of advanced weaponry to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
* Syrian Observatory: Syrian conflict death toll rises to 115,000 A report released by the British-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights at the beginning of October tallied the overall death toll.
* Saudis turn to Russia to launch its satellites Saudi Arabia has contracted Russia to launch satellites of the Gulf Cooperation Council kingdom.
* Protect Christians and Jews, says major Catholic-Jewish conference A major conference between the Catholic Church and leading Jewish representatives in Madrid called Thursday for both communities to support efforts at ending anti-Christian persecution.
* Israel mulls destroying missiles transferred from Syria to Hezbollah in Lebanon Israel has information on the location of long-range missiles transferred from Syria to Hezbollah in Lebanon.
* Merkel urges Netanyahu to restrain settlement construction German Chancellor Angela Merkel called on Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu to slow down settlement construction.
* Saudi Arabia turns down UN Security Council seat The Saudi foreign ministry said the UN needs to be reformed first.
* As U.S. averts default, Japan and China brace for next dollar drama Deal or no deal, the U.S. Congress' dance with default impressed policymakers and investors in China and Japan.