* Voyager probe 'leaves Solar System' The Voyager-1 spacecraft has become the first manmade object to leave the Solar System.
* Israel marks solemn, silent Day of Atonement Israelis prepared for the holiest day of the Jewish calendar.
* Poll: 73% of Israelis fast on Yom Kippur Survey conducted by BINA organization shows most Israelis abstain from eating on Day of Atonement.
* Breaking from Syria talks, Kerry to visit Israel US Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to Israel this weekend to meet Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
* Al-Qaeda chief calls for attacks inside US Al-Qaeda's leader on Friday marked the anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks by calling on Muslims to strike inside the United States.
* Middle Israel: The last war It started at 2 p.m. As if echoing the thunders that once paralyzed their forebears at Mount Sinai's foothills.
* Diplomacy: The Oslo reversal In the last 20 years, the Oslo Accords have turned from a dream into a nightmare for their main architect.
* Security forces on high alert as Israelis mark Yom Kippur Expecting many thousands of Jewish worshipers to gather at the Western Wall in Jerusalem at the start of Yom Kippur Friday evening, police have preemptively undertaken numerous security measures.
* Syria chemical weapons proposal is Putin's masterstroke White House spokesman Jay Carney on Wednesday asserted that Russian prestige was now "on the line" regarding Syria.