* America's real Middle East priority: Iran While we've been distracted by a flurry of intelligence releases on Syria's chemical weapons strikes - and the ongoing saga over the United States' response - many have overlooked another intelligence report.
* Syria, Egypt turmoil nudges Israel and Palestinians toward peace Turmoil in Syria and Egypt is nudging Israelis and Palestinians toward peace.
* US officials: Iran plotting retaliation The US has intercepted an order from Iran to terrorists in Iraq to attack the US Embassy and other American interests in Baghdad.
* 'Syria, Iran, Hezbollah set up situation room' Iran, Syria and Hezbollah have set up a joint situation room in preparation for a potential US-led strike in Syria.
* Putin warns Russia could come to Syria's aid over US strike President Obama greeted his host Vladimir Putin with a handshake and a smile.
* Nasa's LADEE Moon probe lifts off The US space agency (Nasa) has launched its latest mission to the Moon.
* Egypt army attacks Sinai militants The Egyptian army has launched a major offensive against militants in Sinai.
* Pope Tweets Against Syria Strike, Writes Putin, Plans Saturday Vigil Pope Francis has written a letter to Russian President Vladimir Putin urging world leaders to oppose a military intervention in Syria.
* US will ask EU to reconsider settlement ban US Secretary of State John Kerry is expected to ask the European Union on Saturday to reconsider a funding ban.
* Herod's mountain hideaway King Herod knew exactly where he wanted to spend eternity.