* Holy work or troublemaking? Laying the groundwork for a Third Temple in Jerusalem No praying. No kneeling. No bowing. No prostrating. No dancing. No singing. No ripping clothes.
* Kerry: Syria intervention will not be like Iraq, Afghanistan or Libya US Secretary of State John Kerry assured the war-weary American people on Friday that any decision the US would make on a military action in Syria would be a "limited and tailored response".
* Syria crisis: Cameron loses Commons vote on Syria action David Cameron said he would respect the defeat of a government motion by 285-272, ruling out joining US-led strikes.
* Pope and Jordanian king: dialogue 'only option' to end Syria crisis Pope Francis and King Abdullah of Jordan agreed during a meeting this morning that dialogue among Syria's warring factions was the "only option".
* Six dead as thousands of Morsi supporters march in Egypt Thousands of supporters of ousted Islamist president Mohamed Morsi marched through Cairo and cities across Egypt on Friday.
* Hezbollah reportedly mobilizes forces in south Lebanon Hezbollah was reported to be mobilizing its forces in southern Lebanon.
* France Backs US Intervention in Syria French President Francois Hollande gave a boost Friday to US hopes of forging an international coalition for possible strikes against Syria.
* Israel a target of US counter-intelligence operations US intelligence agencies have carried out counter-intelligence operations against Israel.
* CBS: Settler housing starts up by 141.5% this year The number of settler housing starts in the West Bank skyrocketed by 141.5 percent in the first half of 2013.