* Better defence spending needed to back up EU 'principles' Europe needs to make better use of dwindling defence budgets if it is to properly take care of military problems in its own backyard as the US orients itself towards Asia.
* US delays delivery of F-16s to Egypt The US is delaying its delivery of F-16 fighter jets to Egypt in light of the military overthrow of Mohammed Morsi as president.
* 'Peace Talks? The Mideast is Going Up in Flames' Nobel Prize winner Professor Yisrael Aumann is baffled by the decision to return to negotiations with the Palestinian Authority.
* Egypt Braces for Mass Demonstrations, as Army Ups Stakes Egyptians are bracing for a massive demonstration set for Friday, urged on by the military to show the country – and the world – that the interim government has a mandate to rule.
* 'Settlers' Answer Kerry - in Washington Samaria leaders established their own Foreign Ministry earlier this year.
* Pope Francis's judgment in question after priest named in gay sex scandal Pope Francis will fly out of Rome on Monday, leaving behind the latest controversy to engulf the Holy See.
* The EU declares Israel as occupier For more than thirty years the European Union (EU) has issued statements critical of Israel.
* Fatah Honors Terrorist for Murdering 61 Israelis As western leaders push for negotiations between Israel and the Palestinian Authority, urging Israeli concessions.
* Israeli Historian Proves Roman-Jewish 'Friendship' Tablet An independent historian from the small northern Negev city of Arad has turned the world of historical research upside down with controversial new research published in a Danish journal.
* Eurozone edging towards economic recovery The eurozone appears to be edging towards economic recovery.