* Israel now has 80 nuclear warheads, report says Think tank: Total number of atomic weapons dropping worldwide, but possession is 'still a marker of international status'.
* Iraq warns Israel against overflight en route to strike Iran Deputy PM says violation of his country's airspace to hit Islamic Republic's nuclear facilities would bring 'consequences'.
* Iraq uncovers al-Qaeda 'chemical weapons plot' The authorities in Iraq say they have uncovered an al-Qaeda plot to use chemical weapons, as well as to smuggle them to Europe and North America.
* Muslim Brotherhood cleric calls for Sunni jihad in Syria The spiritual mentor of the worldwide Muslim Brotherhood movement has risked further inflaming sectarian tension across the Middle East by using highly charged religious rhetoric to call for a Sunni "jihad" in Syria.
* Blair says extremism within Islam can't be ignored Mideast peace envoy and former British PM calls for intervention to 'sow the seeds of peace' in order to protect home front.
* Protests 'no Turkish Spring', says PM Erdogan PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan says four days of anti-government protests do not constitute a Turkish Spring.
* Gulf countries to consider action against Hezbollah Arab countries might take action on Lebanese movement if it continues Syria involvement, interferes in Gulf Arab affairs.
* Egypt deploys air, ground and naval forces to Sinai In effort to crack down on Islamist terrorist groups, Cairo dispatches helicopters, infantry and ships to border zone with Israeli consent.
* Drill: PM Views Soldiers Simulating Chemical War 'Victims' Prime Minister Netanyahu attends war drill, says Israel is preparing itself for war in new ways.
* EU arms to Syria: what, how and if The EU officially lifted its arms embargo on Syria on Saturday (1 June).