* Israel could hit S-300 missiles in Syria Israel could overcome advanced S-300 anti-aircraft missiles if they were deployed in Syria but any strikes on the system would be difficult and risk alienating its supplier, Russia.
* Hamas denies Hezbollah booting it out of Lebanon Hamas on Thursday denied that its members had been told by Hezbollah they were no longer welcome in Lebanon.
* Israel 'the most threatened state in the world,' says PM Facing the threat of thousands of enemy rockets, Israel's home front is more vulnerable than ever.
* Iraq violence 'ready to explode' - UN envoy Martin Kobler urged Iraq's political leaders to "engage immediately to pull the country out of this mayhem".
* Syrian president says army 'has balance of power' The Syrian army has scored "major victories" against rebels and now holds "the balance of power" in the conflict.
* America's China mistake This spring, China's navy accepted the Pentagon's invitation to participate in the 2014 Rim of the Pacific.
* Russia weapons transfer could bring war, Likud MK says If Russia completes the sale of sophisticated S-300 missile defense systems to Syria.
* National parliaments eclipsed by EU powers The EU financial crisis has prompted centralisation of economic and budgetary powers in Brussels.
* US defends EU allies on arms-to-Syria US diplomats have defended Britain and France over their dismantling of the EU arms embargo on Syria..
* Russian, US, UN sets date for Syria peace talks Russian, US and UN officials will meet next week to discuss ways to bring the warring sides in Syria together for a peace conference.