* Boston marathon bombs suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev captured A teenager suspected of carrying out the Boston Marathon bombings is in custody after a local resident found him hiding in a boat in his backyard.
* Abbas asks Spanish FM to push for Israeli settlement freeze Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas on Saturday asked Spain to push for a freeze of Israeli settlement construction.
* Jordan police killed guarding Israelis fuels threats The death of a Jordanian tourism policeman killed while guarding visiting Israelis have evoked threats by members of the victim's tribe.
* Israel ready to act on Syria weapons, warns Netanyahu Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has told the BBC that Israel has a right to prevent weapons from falling into the wrong hands in Syria.
* Iraq in first vote since US pullout Iraqis have voted in a provincial election, the first ballot since the departure of US troops in late 2011.
* Heavy clashes in Syria near Lebanese border Syrian troops backed by pro-government gunmen captured at least one village in heavy fighting.
* Pro- and anti-Islamist protesters clash in Egypt Supporters and opponents of Egypt's Islamist president battled in the streets near Tahrir Square.
* Iran seeks to export oil to North Korea Iran's oil ministry says the country is considering exporting oil to North Korea as a way to improve its battered economy.
* Stephen Hawking lays out case for Big Bang without God Our universe didn't need any divine help to burst into being, famed cosmologist Stephen Hawking told a packed house.
* Hagel: US can support Israel if it strikes Iran Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel told the House subcommittee on defense appropriations on Tuesday that the US has "the military capability" to back any Israeli action against Iran.