* Iran, big powers at odds in nuclear talks in Kazakhstan World powers and Iran still appeared far apart on Friday in negotiations on Tehran's nuclear program that were aimed at calming tensions which could boil over into war.
* North Korea warns foreign embassies to prepare escape Both Russia and the UK said they had no immediate plans to evacuate their embassies in the North Korean capital.
* Iran: West Targeting Syria to Divert Attention from Israel A senior Iranian lawmaker charged on Wednesday that the Western media is creating a hype against Syria.
* UN: 4 Million People Are Displaced Inside Syria The UN is hiking its estimates of people trapped in Syria after fleeing their homes.
* Reporter's Notebook: A call for revenge in Hebron Thousands of members and leaders of Palestinian factions gathered in Hebron on Thursday for the funeral of Maissara Abu Hamdiyeh.
* Ship Seized by Egypt 'Carried 40 Tons of Weapons' Egyptian maritime authorities have seized a ship with a crew of 14 and a cargo of 105 crates of unspecified weapons and ammunition.
* 'Military wing of Hamas training Syrian rebels' The military unit of Hamas has broken ties with former ally Syrian President Bashar Assad.
* Russian Bomber Roulette A Russian bomber recently carried out simulated cruise missile attacks on U.S. missile defenses in Asia.
* Women Burn 'Flag of Islam' in Paris Three members of the French feminist group FEMEN burned an Islamic flag this week outside the Grand Mosque of Paris.
* US group blasts Jewish 'advice' on peace process A conservative American Jewish group that campaigned against the reelection of Barack Obama in 2012 sent an open letter Thursday to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.