* Obama coming even if PM fails to form gov't US President Barack Obama's visit to Israel is not contingent on the formation of a new Israeli government.
* Freed UN hostages entering Jordan after Syria release Rebels moved the hostages themselves after a UN team hoping to collect them inside Syria was delayed by clashes between rebels and government forces.
* Chimney fitted on Sistine Chapel roof for pope election Firefighters have fitted a chimney on top of the Sistine Chapel in the Vatican ahead of the conclave which will elect a new pope.
* Palestinians clash with police on Temple Mount Muslim worshipers throw stones, Molotov cocktails at police, that entered the Al-Aqsa compound to disperse the rioters.
* Lions and tigers and genocide? Oh yes Ten years before a tornado whirled Dorothy to a land of multicultural harmony, "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" creator L. Frank Baum penned an editorial for the South Dakota newspaper he owned.
* Schiff: U.S. Will Win Currency War, Then "Implode" Investors should take immediate steps to protect themselves as a global currency war is about to create a massive economic "implosion" far worse than 2008.
* Locusts invade Israel, are stopped in their tracks A 1-million strong swarm of locusts that broke away from the plague-sized multitude that continues to attack northern Egypt invaded Israel on Tuesday, only to be stopped in its tracks a day later.
* Mob in Pakistani city torches Christian homes Hundreds of people in the eastern Pakistani city of Lahore ransacked a Christian neighborhood Saturday.
* Egypt raises alert level in Sinai over jihadist fears Egypt's Interior Ministry told police in the Sinai peninsula to raise a state of emergency after obtaining intelligence that jihadists might attack their forces there.
* 70-strong Israeli coalition nearing completion Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has made considerable progress toward building what is set to be a 70-strong coalition.