* Russia: 'Friends of Syria' encouraging extremists Russia said on Friday that decisions made at a "Friends of Syria" meeting in Rome.
* Kerry: Erdogan comments complicate Mideast process US Secretary of State John Kerry said Friday that comments by the Turkish prime minister equating Zionism to a crime against humanity complicate the efforts to find peace in the Middle East.
* Syrians literally blasted back into Stone Age Like countless other Syrians fleeing their country's civil war, Sami was eager to escape the bombs and artillery shells falling on his village.
* Hamas warns Obama: Don't visit Temple Mount Designated terrorist group Hamas has warned President Obama against visiting the holy Temple Mount site in Jerusalem when he visits Israel next month.
* Van Rompuy tells Britain: leaving EU "not free" One of Europe's most powerful officials cautioned Prime Minister David Cameron on Thursday that leaving the European Union could cost Britain dear.
* UN: Mobile Phones to Match Globe's Population in 2014 The number of mobile telephones worldwide is set to catch up to the globe's population next year.
* Gaza Terrorists Open Fire at Southern Israel For the first since the end of the IDF's Pillar of Defense counterterrorism operation, Gaza-based terrorists opened fire on Friday afternoon .
* Obama: Court must end California gay marriage ban A California ban on gay marriages should be overturned by the US Supreme Court, the Obama administration says.
* Al Qaeda Mag Publishes 'Wanted: Dead or Alive' List The latest edition of the al Qaeda English-language magazine Inspire is out today.
* Senators: Support Israeli military action in Iran A group of bipartisan senators are promoting legislation promising Israel US support if the former chooses to attack Iran on its own.