* Bomber attacks US embassy in Ankara, Turkey The blast, at a side entrance of the heavily guarded compound, sent debris flying into the street.
* GOP Senators Introduce Legislation Banning Arms Sales to Egypt Two United States Republican senators introduced legislation on Thursday to halt arms sales to Egypt.
* Iranian lawmaker: Syria has a right to retaliate An Iranian lawmaker condemned the alleged Israeli airstrike in Syria saying Damascus retains a legal right to retaliate.
* Space, the final frontier for peace? If space can bring together once-implacable enemies such as the United States and Russia, does that mean thereâ€™s hope for Israel and Iran?
* Egypt opposition protests after deadly week Thousands of opponents of President Mohamed Morsi returned to the streets of Egypt on Friday.
* As she leaves, Clinton sounds warning over Syria Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton issued a parting warning Thursday about Syria's civil war, accusing Iran of playing an increasingly prominent role in directing the violence.
* EU ministers raise alarm on Mali executions EU foreign ministers have given weight to reports that Malian soldiers are murdering civilians in the French-liberated north.
* Illict drugs getting into EU via Internet Europe's illicit drug problem is getting worse as online sale and distribution frustrate law enforcement.
* Peres set to ask Netanyahu to build next coalition President Shimon Peres is expected to invite Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu to form the next government on Saturday night.
* US senators assail Hagel in heated hearing Hagel downplays controversial statements, including comment published in 2008 that "Jewish lobby intimidates a lot of people."