* Protests rock Egypt after Morsi seizes new powers Demonstrators storm Brotherhood HQ in Alexandria, pelt Port Said office with stones, and call for Egyptian president's ouster in Cairo.
* Gaza confrontation showcases new Sunni bloc Operation Pillar of Defense and the means by which it was concluded have showcased the arrival of a new player in Middle East strategy and diplomacy.
* 'Over 40,000 killed since start of Syria conflict' More than 40,000 people have been killed in 20 months of conflict between Syrian President Bashar Assad's forces and those fighting for his overthrow.
* Egypt Brotherhood leader blasts peace with Israel The top leader of Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood denounced peace efforts with Israel and urged holy war to liberate Palestinian territories.
* Anti-Israel Protesters Target Synagogue in Venezuela Leaders of the Jewish community in Venezuela said about 50 anti-Israel protesters gathered outside the country's largest synagogue.
* Iran courts closer ties with Jordan, Egypt Iran made very public overtures to both Jordan and Egypt this week in what can be seen as its ongoing attempts to extend its influence in the region.
* Iran: Israeli Ceasefire a Sign of Weakness Despite Gaza's main terrorist groups losing huge numbers of weapons and launch sites in Israel's Operation Pillar of Defense, Iran and Hamas have been spinning the week-long battle as a victory for their side.
* IDF chief of staff: As the dust settles, Hamas will realize the price it has paid IDF chief of staff Lt.-Gen. Benny Gantz said that all the objectives laid out ahead of Operation Pillar of Defense were met successfully during the eight days of fighting.
* EU diplomats aim for Iran nuclear talks next month The world's top military powers and Iran aim to restart talks on nuclear proliferation in December or January.
* High Alert in Judea, Samaria The IDF is on alert in Judea, Samaria (Shomron) and Jerusalem on Friday over threats of further terrorist attacks.