* Around the world, protests held for and against Israel's Gaza operation Usain Bolt wouldn't always make it to safety in time, pro-Israel protesters told at rallies in Australia; in South Africa, Tutu slams "fanatics on both sides".
* Arab paper: Syria, Iran instigated Gaza conflict Asharq Alawsat editor claims Syria, Iran caused escalation between Israel, Gaza to aid Assad regime.
* Turkey's Erdogan calls Israel a 'terrorist state' Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu is to travel to Gaza with a group of foreign ministers from the Arab League.
* Islamic Jihad leader: Hamas rockets 'Iranian made' Supplying proxies with weapons, training is part of Iran's doctrine of asymmetric warfare.
* Blair: Quartet is working to end Gaza conflict President Peres says Israel has no ambition to conquer land, blames Iran for promoting terrorism in the Middle East.
* Hackers target Israeli site Groupon over Gaza op Muslim extremists claiming to be from Pakistan warn against Israeli soldiers from entering Gaza in online attack.
* Thousands pray for IDF at the Western Wall Sephardic Chief Rabbi Shlomo Amar leads thousands in "slihot" prayers for the safety of IDF and Israeli citizens.
* Vast Majority of Israelis Approve of Operation, Poll Shows A poll conducted on behalf of a political education group shows that the vast majority of Israelis support Operation Pillar of Defense.
* EU countries urge Israel not to invade Gaza Two leading EU countries have urged Israel not to launch ground operations in Gaza.
* Cracks form in Syrian opposition Islamist groups reject newly formed coalition, announce formation of "Islamic state" in Aleppo.