* Romney Explains Dangers of a Palestinian State Alongside Israel In a just released video, Republican Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney stated, in a private fundraiser, what he saw as the dangers of a West Bank Palestinian State.
* Assad May Use Chemical Weapons on Syrians The Syrian government has already considered using chemical weapons on rebel forces and civilians "as a last resort" - despite protestations to the contrary.
* Mourning the Loss of Jewish Autonomy: The Fast of Gedaliah Jews around the world are observing the Fast of Gedaliah from before sunrise until after sundown Wednesday.
* France in embassy alert over Prophet Muhammad cartoons Security has been increased at France's interests abroad after a French satirical magazine published obscene cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad.
* Nato's Afghan joint patrol curbs a 'prudent' measure Nato's decision to scale back joint operations with Afghan security forces is a "prudent and temporary measure", its secretary general has said.
* Syria conflict: Damascus suburb sees heavy fighting Activists said government forces had stormed Hajar al-Aswad, a southern suburb of Damascus, and that the situation for residents was desperate.
* 'Wife of Jesus' reference in Coptic 4th Century script An ancient scrap of papyrus makes explicit reference to Jesus having a wife, according to a renowned expert in Christian history.
* World Bank: PA needs $400 million lifeline for 2012 Development of Area C is necessary for sustainable Palestinian economic growth, the World Bank said.
* Intelligence chief: EU capital is 'spy capital' "I stopped meeting him for lunch because all he did was ask questions and he never said anything about himself," a diplomat on the EU Council's working group for post-Soviet countries once told this website about his friend from the Russian embassy.
* IDF launches surprise live-fire drill in Golan The IDF held a surprise large-scale drill on the Golan Heights Wednesday.