* Anti-Islam film: Thousands protest around Muslim world Fresh protests are taking place around the Muslim world over an amateur anti-Islam video produced in the US.
* Days of Awe Begin Sunday Evening with the New Year Holiday "Repentance, prayer and charity will avert evil decrees" and bring each of us closer to what G-d intended for man to be. Shana Tova to all.
* Armada of international naval power massing in the Gulf as Israel prepares an Iran strike An armada of US and British naval power is massing in the Persian Gulf in the belief that Israel is considering a pre-emptive strike against Iran's suspected nuclear weapons programme.
* Israeli Foreign Ministry: U.S. ignored Arab radicalization Foreign Ministry official on signs of 'radicalization' in Arab world: "We knew what was happening, but the Americans preferred to find excuses."
* No demonstration before attack on US Consulate, source says An intelligence source on the ground in Libya told Fox News that there was no demonstration outside the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi prior to last week's attack -- challenging the Obama administration's claims that the assault grew out of a "spontaneous" protest against an anti-Islam film.
* Making the shofar: a family tradition The BarSheshet and Ribak families of shofar producers quickly went from competitors to partners.
* Rosh Hashana, the sweet way Peach glaze on chicken, prunes and carrot tzimmes make for delectable dishes.
* Istanbul Aims to Outshine Dubai With $2.6 Billion Bank Center It's now little more than a dusty patch of land in the modern suburb of Atasehir on the Asian side of Istanbul.
* Egypt's Islamic TV talks with iron Salafist A Muslim cleric hosting an Egyptian television show recently outlined his version of Islamic instructions for wife-beating.
* Iran: Saboteurs cut power lines to nuclear bunker Explosives used to cut power to Fordow plant last month, Iranian nuke chief claims; says "terrorists" have infiltrated IAEA.