* Barak: Israel may reoccupy parts of Gaza Strip Defense Minister Ehud Barak said that Israel may reoccupy parts of the Gaza strip in the future.
* Chief of Staff: War will Knock Lebanon Back by Decades IDF Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Benny Gantz voiced hope in an interview published Thursday that Iranian leaders will decide to scrap their nuclear arms program of their own accord.
* Canada closes Iran embassy, set to oust diplomats Canada has closed its embassy in Iran and will expel all remaining Iranian diplomats in Canada within five days.
* US Claims Iran Resupplying Syria With Arms Using Iraqi Airspace Retiring Senator Joe Lieberman, together with Republican Senators Lindsey Graham and John McCain, are touring the Middle East.
* Israeli leader urges EU to blacklist Hezbollah Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has told Italy's foreign minister the EU should designate Hezbollah as a terrorist entity.
* Under protection, Europe's Jewish gems try to shine Under the gaze of a dozen police officers, a single file of Belgians forms outside the Great Synagogue of Europe.
* Language of reconciliation In the 20 months since Egyptians took to Cairo streets to sweep away the old corrupt regime, and with it the guardians of the Camp David peace treaty, pro-Israel sentiment has been hard to come by in Egypt.
* Lebanese Christian Leader to Ask Pope to Recognize 'Palestine' The Melkite Greek Catholic Church leader will ask the pope to recognize the Palestinian state when he arrives next week for his first visit to Lebanon.
* 'Next 50 Days Most Fateful Since Yom Kippur War' - Hanegbi "We now stand, in my opinion, before the 50 most fateful days in Israel's history, since perhaps the Yom Kippur War".
* Russia looks east in push to catch up with rampant China Jealousy is a very Russian trait, and the green eyes of Russia are fixed firmly on the runaway economic success of its neighbour, China.