* Egypt prof: Israel will be gone by next year An Egyptian political science professor told an Iranian TV station that, with Allah's help, "Israel will be annihilated" by 2013.
* U.S. Greatly Reduces Participation in Joint Drill with Israel Washington has greatly reduced the scale of U.S. participation in a massive joint military exercise with Israel.
* US disowns Israel over Iran strike: No weapons or military backup Instead of the 5,000 US troops originally assigned for Austere Challenge 12, the annual joint exercise, the Pentagon will send only 1,200 to 1,500 service members.
* Security and Defense: Iran's long arm Earlier this month, a group of 48 men from Iran entered Syria, ostensibly to visit a Shi'ite shrine.
* Iran to hold massive air defense drill in October Iran will hold a massive air defense drill in October incorporating aerial and ground forces.
* Abbas Asks Ahmadinejad to Help Establish 'Palestine' Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas asked Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to help establish a Palestinian state along the pre-1967 borders.
* Cardinal Carlo Martini says Church '200 years behind' Italian Cardinal Carlo Maria Martini has described the Roman Catholic Church as being "200 years behind" the times.
* Group Proceeds With 2-Hour Islamic 'Jumah' Prayers 'at the DNC' The host committee for the Democratic National Convention is raising a number of eyebrows after choosing to proceed with featuring Islamic "Jumah" prayers for two hours on the Friday before its convention.
* Muslims Plan 3-Day Jumah Event to Pressure Democratic Convention Approximately 20,000 Muslims are expected to attend a three-day event called "Jumah at the DNC."
* PLO's Ashrawi: No such thing as Jewish refugees Jews who came to Israel from Arab countries are not refugees because they left their homes voluntarily and under pressure from Zionist groups and the Jewish Agency, Hanan Ashrawi, member of the PLO Executive Committee, said.